About our Associates
Following the disbanding of the City & Guilds Craft Certificate examinations and the introduction of the NVQ system in the early 1990s, it has become very difficult to clearly identify fully trained practically competent plasterers solely from their paper qualifications.
After detailed discussions with the plastering industry and end users of the plastering trade, the category of Associate of the Worshipful Company of Plaisterers was established in 1999.
All practising plasterers and teachers of plastering who have qualified by serving a full apprenticeship, or have obtained their City & Guilds Craft or Advanced Craft Certificates, SVQ or NVQ level 3, SVQ or NVQ level 2 with a Skills Test, Experience Worker Practical Assessment (EWPA) and level 3 diploma are eligible to apply for election as an Associate of the Company.
- To provide a reliable and respected reference base of qualified and skilled plasterers.
- To set a target for newly trained plasterers to aim for.
- To maintain the standards of qualified plasterers in the future.
- To help promote plastering as a fully recognised, necessary skilled craft within the
Benefits and obligations
Associates receive the following:
- A certificate acknowledging election as
- The right to use the initials A.P.C. – Associate of the Plaisterers Company – after their name.
- An annual membership card that can be
shown to clients indicating registration as
- Inclusion in the Register of Associates published on the Company’s web site.
- Employing company or college included in the Register of Associates.
Associates are obliged to:
- Commit to uphold standards of workmanship.
- Assist young, new plasterers to learn the art and craft of plastering.
- Continue to keep up to date with developments in the industry.
Register of Associates
A register of fully qualified, practising plasterers is maintained and published on this web site and can be viewed through its Associates search engine.
Registrar of Associates
11 Blackthorn Drive
Bedfordshire LU2 8ED
Tel: 01582 614235
Application to become an Associate of the Worshipful Company of Plaisterers may be made either by applying to the Registrar (above) or The Clerk to the Plaisterers Company, email email@example.com